2024 Biomaterials and Biofabrication for Regenerative Medicine Applications Symposium
Apr 26, 2024
9:30AM to 5:00PM
Date(s) - 26/04/2024
9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Back by popular demand after a successful first edition in 2023, the Brockhouse Institute for Materials Research (BIMR) and Centre for Advanced Light Microscopy (CALM) are excited to organize this event with the goal of bringing together the academic, industrial, and clinical research community focused on the development of biomaterials, biofabrication methods or devices, and regenerative medicine applications. This Symposium day will include oral presentations from leaders in the academic, industrial, and clinical space, as well as opportunities for trainee presentations in the form of a poster session. The goal is to train the future generation of materials scientists and engineers, clinical practitioners, and entrepreneurs to strengthen the community working across disciplinary boundaries to address challenges in regenerative medicine at McMaster University and Southern Ontario at large.
Date: Friday April 26, 2024 from 9.15am to 4.30pm
Location: McMaster University – Alumni Great Hall
Free Registration – Limited seats available. Registrations open until April 9th or until the event has reached capacity.
- Dr. Milica Radisic, University of Toronto
- Dr. Adam Feinberg, Carnegie Mellon University
- Dr. Leila Mostaco-Guidolin, Carleton University
- Dr. Axel Guenther, University of Toronto
PRESENTATIONS FROM OUR INDUSTRY PARTNERS:
- Dr. Stephanie Willerth – Axolotl Biosciences and Uvic
- Astellas Institute for Regenerative Medicine – Dr. Sarah Gilpin – Head Translational Medicine
- Brinter – Dr. Eva Mueller – Applications and Innovation Manager
AFTERNOON STUDENT POSTER SESSION
- If you would like to present a poster, please express interest when you register for the event. You will be contacted closer to the event date for abstract.
Preliminary program can be downloaded here.